Never put recyclables into a plastic bag
Toss only the following designated recyclables loose into the recycling cart
Empty and rinse all containers. Reattach lids and caps back onto plastic containers.
Due the the recycling process, shredded paper cannot go in recycling.
- Aluminum Cans, Trays & Foil (trays & foil must be cleaned)
- Steel Cans & Tins & Metal Caps from glass bottles & jars
- Aseptic Packaging & Gable Top Containers (such as milk & juice cartons) Glass Bottles and Jars- (clear, brown, green) remove metal caps
- No window glass, auto glass, dinnerware or ceramics.
- PET Bottles (#1 clear and green plastic resin);
- Such as Soda, Water & Flavored Beverage Containers. HDPE Translucent Containers (#2 clear plastic resin);
- Such as Milk, Water & Juice Jugs.
- HDPE Color Containers (#2 colored plastic resin);
- Such as Detergent & Fabric Softener Containers. PVC Narrow Neck Containers Only (#3 plastic resin);
- Such as health & beauty aid products, household cleaners.
- LDPE Food Containers (#4 plastic resin);
- Such as margarine tubs, frozen desert cups. PP Food Containers (#5 plastic resin);
- Such as yogurt cups, cottage cheese/cream cheese containers, narrow neck syrup, cooking oil, ketchup bottles.
- #7 Plastic Resin Narrow Neck Containers Only.
- Plastic Buckets, such as kitty litter containers (5 gal maximum- no metal handles) NOTE: No #6 plastic (no foam cups/trays/packaging/etc.)
- Newspaper, including inserts (remove plastic sleeves)
- Cardboard (no waxed cardboard)
- Kraft (brown paper) Bags
- Magazines, Catalogs and Telephone Books
- Office, Computer, Notebook & Gift Wrap Paper (no metal clips, spirals, binders)
- Chipboard (cereal, cake & food mix boxes, gift boxes, shoe boxes, etc.) Carrier Stock (soda & beer can carrying cases)
- Junk Mail & Envelopes (no plastic cards, stick on labels or unused stamps)
- Paper Back Books (no hard cover books)
- NOTE: No Loose Shredded Paper – shredded paper must be placed in brown bags and then placed in the recycling cart.