DC Recycling Systems provides weekly curbside garbage and recycling collection for Village residents.
All containers should be at the street by 5:30 a.m. on your pick up day. Residents are provided containers for recycling and refuse.
Large items include:
- Carpet rolls – up to 8 rolls per week. Rolled and bundled in 4 feet lengths.
- Do it yourself construction debris. Up to 4 cans or bundles per week. Less than 50 pounds, no more than 4 feet length and up to 24 inches in diameter
- Toilets – separate to bowl and tank
- Mattress and box spring are considered two separate items therefore only one may be placed out per week.
- Tape all mirrors and glass with an large X with strong tape
If you need to place out more than one item please call DC Recycling Systems direct at 815-758-7274. An additional charge will apply. DC Recycling Systems will bill you direct for this charge.
If an item is over 50 pounds please contact DC Recycling Systems for details on disposal at 815-758-7274.
Does not include appliances or electronics.
Yard Waste Pick Up (seasonal service)
Yard waste is collected weekly April 1st thru the last refuse pickup in November. All yard waste must be placed in biodegradable paper bags or in a rigid container no larger than 32 gallons, clearly marked Yard Waste.
Brush and branches must be in bundles no longer than 4 feet and tied with biodegradable string or twine; no wire.
Yard waste cannot contain any garbage, litter, rocks, sod or dirt.
Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves, trimmings, branches and other material accumulated as the result of the care of lawns, shrubs and trees. Due to leaf decomposition, yard waste can not be placed in plastic bags nor can it be placed out for regular waste pick up.
Yard Waste does not include flower arrangements, house plants, garden plants, pumpkins, bales of straw/hay, cornstalks, dirt, or sod. These items will be taken as trash and should be placed these items in a plastic trash bag.
Composting facilities accept landscape waste only until November 30th. Additionally, it is illegal in the state of Illinois to mix trash and leaves due to the intense heat both create which creates a fire hazard both at the landfill and in the trucks.
All yard waste goes to the composting center and trash & recycling to the transfer stations. If any trash that gets mixed in with yard waste, the composite facility can impose fines and if yard waste that goes to a transfer station fines may also be imposed. The composite facilities open up again the end of December for Christmas trees only for a short period.
- Collected thru the last refuse pickup in January
- Must be free of all decorations (including tinsel)
- Flocked trees cannot be picked up
- Not in a plastic bag
- No longer than 6 feet (if larger must be cut into pieces 6 feet or smaller)
For questions or to report a missed pick up please contact DC Recycling Systems at 815-758-7274.