Illinois COVID-19 Prevention Ambassadors are Illinoisans across the state who play a vital role in supporting current state efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 by promoting and sharing information among their friends, family, peers and neighbors on prevention measures, testing resources and other relevant information. Any Illinoisan can volunteer to be an Ambassador.
• Engage with and empower everyday Illinoisans across the state, in an ongoing and intentional way, to assist in COVID-19 outreach and prevention efforts.
• Enable Illinoisans across the state to become contributors, problem solvers and partners in helping stop the spread of COVID-19.
Benefits of Being an Ambassador
• By providing opportunities to not only voice your concerns and fears but also participate in the solutions can be empowering.
• Enhance your communication and leadership skills.
• Contributing to effective and innovative solutions to stop the spread of COVID-19.
• Contributing to a culture of health and prevention among your friends, family, peers and community.
• Participate in virtual Program launch meeting.
• Participate in virtual orientation and training covering COVID-19 basics.
• Participate in regularly scheduled virtual meetings for the purposes of ongoing training and technical assistance, peer to peer problem solving as well as the sharing of new guidance and resources.
• Proactively and on an ongoing basis promote COVID-19 prevention measures.
• Commend individuals who are practicing public health measures.
• Provide input into the development of messaging and outreach materials.
• Organize and implement virtual outreach activities (e.g Facebook Live event).
• Share your success with us!
• The estimated monthly time commitment is about 1-2 hours.
Complete this online survey to become an Ambassador today!
Have questions or need more information, please contact Juana.Ballesteros@illinois.gov.