Year Round Medication Drop Off Locations
Village of Sugar Grove
The Village of Sugar Grove offers a Prescription Drug Drop Box Program. The public may safely dispose of unused/expired prescription medication at the drop box located in the Village Hall entryway, 10 S. Municipal Drive. The box is accessible to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. No needles, syringes or liquids are accepted.
Fox Metro Water Reclamation District
As increasing amounts of prescription drugs and personal care products (PPCPs) are being detected in U.S. rivers, waterways, and groundwater, Fox Metro Water Reclamation District offers The Medication Take-Back Program, which allows residents of the District service area to bring their old, unwanted prescription and over-the-counter medications in to be properly disposed.
682 Route 31, Oswego
8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday
*Except on Holidays
|Acceptable Items||Non-Acceptable Items|
|Non-Controlled DEA Drugs
Medications for Pets
Narcotics/DEA Controlled Drugs
Sharps/Needles (*see below for disposal)
Bloody or Infectious Waste
Medication Collection Instructions:
- To help keep costs of the program down, please consolidate pills in small bag or a single container. Remove outer box from items that come in a blister pack. Leave items in their original containers if they are ointments or liquids.
- Remove or black out any personal information on the label to protect your privacy.
*Sharps Disposal Information*
NEVER PLACE LOOSE NEEDLES AND SYRINGES IN THE TRASH!
LRS does not take red sharps containers.
LRS does accept sharps in the regular refuse tote if properly sealed as described below.
- Place sharps (needles) in a thick, durable plastic container with a closing lid (laundry detergent, milk jug, etc.). Do not use a glass container.
- The container must be clearly marked – SHARPS.
- The lid must be closed and sealed with duck-tape.
- The container can then be placed in the regular trash.
Please note, LRS does recommend using a sharps by mail program for disposal.