10 S. Municipal Drive
THE VILLAGE OF SUGAR GROVE
February 9, 2021
Village of Sugar Grove Village Hall
10 S. Municipal Drive
Sugar Grove, IL 60554
This meeting of the Sugar Grove Ethics Commission will be held as outlined in Public Act 101-0640, which waives the Open Meetings Act requirement that a physical quorum of appointed officials be present to hold a public meeting in the event of a public health disaster declaration and a determination by the Village President. Governor Pritkzer issued a statewide disaster declaration on January 19, 2021 and, in response, President P. Sean Michels determined that an in-person meeting is not practical or prudent at this time.
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- CALL OF COMPLAINT: ROCKWELL v. KOCH
- PRELIMINARY MOTIONS, EVIDENCE DISCUSSION
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- RECESS AND/OR ADJOURNMENT
***Note: The Ethics Commission may convene into closed session at any time during the meeting, as authorized by Village of Sugar Grove Ordinance No. 2004-0504A, Section 5(C)(3) and the Illinois Open Meetings Act, 5 ILCS 120/et seq.)***
The Village of Sugar Grove will hold a meeting of the Ethics Commission at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 9, 2021, with changes to allow commissioners, staff and the public to participate remotely as detailed in Public Act 101-0640.
- The public may join the meeting online. Prior to the meeting, use the following link and Webinar ID to join through GoToWebinar. Attendees will be asked to register with a first and last name and email address. Attendees may choose to enter any name and email address they like.
- You may also still attend the meeting, however, for everyone’s safety residents are strongly encouraged to stay home and participate remotely. If attending in person, members of the public are required to wear a cloth face covering and stay six feet from any other person in the room. Room attendance will be limited to no more the twenty people at any one time with attendees being rotated in if needed.
- Those interested in listening to the meeting, but not speaking, may call into the meeting at (415) 655-0060 using the code 498-498-481.
Public Act 101-0640 waives the Open Meetings Act requirement that a physical quorum of elected officials be present to hold a public meeting in the event of a public health disaster declaration and a determination by the Village President. Remote participation for elected officials, staff, and the public is expected to continue until the statewide disaster declaration is lifted. For more information about public participation at meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic, contact Village Clerk Alison Murphy at (630) 391-7207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.