Reporting a Water Main Break

Water main breaks happen year round, but they are more common during the winter months. Depending on the size of the main and the severity, a main break may look like water actively bubbling up from the ground or it may be as simple as a small stream of water flowing into a storm sewer.

Residents play a crucial role in reporting breaks. If you see bubbling or running water accumulating in the street or the parkway, please contact the Village right away.

To report a water main break, contact the Public Works Department:
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday

After normal working hours, contact the Sugar Grove Police Department:
Non-emergency: 630-391-7250
Emergency: 9-1-1

When you call to report a water main break, be sure to identify
• the type of problem
• the location
• your name, address and phone number as officials may need to get in touch with you, should they need more information.

The Village of Sugar Grove appreciates calls at any time to report a water main break as these calls may be the first alert that a problem exists.

Sugar Grove