Parking any vehicle on any street within the village between the hours of two o’clock (2:00) A.M. to six o’clock (6:00) A.M. is prohibited. Should you have the occasional need to park on the street certain exceptions are allowed. However, you must contact the Sugar Grove Police Department by following this link to submit the request electronically or calling the Overnight Parking line (no more than 24 hours prior) @ 630-391-7270.
Please be prepared to provide:
- The vehicle registration number and state of issuance,
- Description of the vehicle (make, model, color)
- Address where parked
- The name and phone number of the driver/owner
Overnight parking shall be allowed:
- Two times per calendar month
- When a property has been seal coated an exception shall be allowed for a maximum of three days after sealcoating has been applied. (This exemption will not count towards the twice per calendar month exemption.)
- During the following holidays: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day and the day following Independence Day, Labor Day and the day following Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day following Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day following Christmas. (This exemption will not count towards the twice per calendar month exemption.)
- The Chief of Police and his/her designee may also use his/her discretion to provide for lengthier exceptions based on individual circumstances, including, but not limited to, acts of nature, and limited time circumstances that are unlikely to reoccur. Incidences where the exception is granted for more than 3 continuous days here-under shall be documented in writing by the Police Department. For this exception you must call the Police Department at 630-391-7250 during regular business hours. Regular office hours are Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Village Code Section 6-3-7 (Winter Parking) takes precedence over the exceptions listed here. It shall be unlawful to park any vehicle on any public street within the village at any time during or after a snowfall wherein two (2) or more inches of snow have fallen until such street has been plowed.