Community Development Department
601 Heartland Drive
Sugar Grove, IL 60554
The Village requires annual registration for all contractor’s that perform work within the corporate limits of the Village. An application, certificate of insurance listing the Village of Sugar Grove as certificate holder in the amount (minimum) of $1,000,000 and a license and Permit Surety Bond in the amount of $10,000 per occurrence shall be submitted for to the Community Development Department, Permit Division.
- Roofers – Roofers are also required to submit a current copy of their Illinois State license.
- Electricians – Electricians are required to submit a current copy of their electrical license. The Village honors licenses obtained by passing an examination from any Illinois Municipality. The fee and the bond provisions of Village Code are waived per State Statute.
- Plumbers – Plumbers are required to submit a current copy of their State of Illinois Contractor Registration and a current copy of their State of Illinois or City of Chicago Plumbing License. The fee and the bond provisions of Village Code are waived per State Statute.
- Lawn irrigation contractors – Lawn irrigation contractors are required to submit a copy of their current State of Illinois Department of Public Health Certificate of Registration. The fee and the bond provisions of Village Code are waived for those lawn irrigation contractors who have a 055 Plumbing Contractor Registration per State Statute.
- Sprinkler / Fire Suppression contractors – Sprinkler/Fire Suppression contractors are required to submit a current copy of their Fire Sprinkler Contracting License. Additional contact is required with the appropriate Fire Protection District for their requirements and approvals.