UPDATE: Starting May 26, the Village contractor will begin work on the 2020 Road Program. Affected areas should have already received a notice of sidewalk and curb repairs. As requested, please move any vehicle that you intend to use out of your driveway by 6:00 A.M. until the work is complete.
During the replacement and concrete curing time, vehicles will not have access to your driveway for five days after the concrete has been poured and we ask that no traffic drive on the new sidewalk or curb during this time. At the end of the five days, the barricades will be removed and you will have full access back to your driveway.
If your asphalt driveway is damaged during the removal operation the Contractor will repair your driveway when all concrete work is completed in your area.
If you have any questions or special access needs, please call the field engineer, Doug Keppy of Engineering Enterprises, Inc. at 815-257-8970 or Village of Sugar Grove Public Works at 630-391-7230.
We are sorry for this inconvenience and we thank you for your cooperation.
The 2020 Village of Sugar Grove Road Program will focus on Resurfacing and Preventative Maintenance. This year’s program will include:
- Microsurfacing and ADA Accessibility Improvements throughout Windsor West subdivision. Microsurfacing is a pavement preservation treatment in which a slurry is applied to the road to seal the road and provide a dense wearing surface.
- Resurfacing of the remaining areas of Strafford Woods, McCannon Street (Maple to Bastian), Yolane Drive (McCannon Street to Patricia) and Mallard Point Subdivision (except Cobbler Court and Lane). Resurfacing projects involve street resurfacing, curb and gutter repairs, and minor storm sewer repairs. This work is necessary to improve safety and help eliminate the pavement deterioration adjacent to these areas.
- Cracksealing on various streets including Calkins Drive, Cobbler Lane, Cobbler Court, Dugan Road, Fays Lane/Annettes Circle, Gordon Road, Grove Street, Heartland Drive, Monna Drive, Snow Street and Waubonsee Drive.
- Miscellaneous patching on Merrill Road.
- Sealcoating and striping of the Village Hall and the front parking lot at Public Works.
Work on the 2020 Road Program projects is anticipated to begin in May and be completed by August of 2020. Daily lane closures and temporary loss of driveway access will be necessary to complete the work. The times and dates for loss of driveway access will be communicated to affected residents by door hangers distributed by the Contractor performing the work as the schedule progresses.
The Village appreciates your understanding and cooperation during these construction projects. Drivers are urged to pay close attention to flaggers and signs in the work zones, obey the posted speed limits and be on the alert for workers and equipment.
Please feel free to contact Michele Piotrowski of Engineering Enterprises, Inc. at 630-466-6700 or the Village of Sugar Grove Public Works Department at 630-391-7230 or email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
To view the overall 2020 Road Program Map and individual neighborhood project maps, click here.