DC Recycling Systems provides weekly curbside garbage and recycling collection for Village residents. Scheduled pickup days vary within the Village – if you are unsure of your pick day please see the listing below. The monthly charge is included on your utility bill.
The following holidays affect the refuse pickup schedule delaying pickup by 1 (one) day:
New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, & Christmas Day.
All containers should be at the street by 5:30 a.m. on your pick up day. Residents are provided containers for recycling and refuse. The recycling container has a bright green lid and the refuse container has a dark green lid. Cardboard boxes may not be used as a container. In addition to refuse and recycling, one (1) large bulk item and one (1) white good are allowed per week.
The following items all require a week (7 day) notification and must be scheduled online.
WEEKLY PICK UP
- White Goods. One “white good” is allowed per week. White goods as defined by the Illinois E.P.A. as refrigerators, ranges, water heaters, freezers, air conditioners, humidifiers, stoves, clothes dryers, ovens, dishwashers, water coolers, heat pumps, chiller, furnaces, and boilers. To request a pickup click here.
MONTHLY PICK UPS
- Electronics are collected the first full week of the month only. For the state definition of electronics please click here. Should you need to dispose of prior to the Village’s next collection you will need to take your items to the Kane County Recycling Event (a fee may be required). To schedule online for home pickup click here.
QUARTERLY WEEKLY PICK UP
- Household Hazardous Waste. Items will be picked up monthly, the first full week of the month. They must be scheduled online at at DC Recycling’s website at – www.lrsrecycles.com/household-hazardous-waste/. For a list of accepted items and how to properly prepare items for collection, please click here.
Please see below for definitions of.
- Yard Waste weekly April 1st thru the last pick up in November
- Recycling weekly pickup
- Large Items (non electronic) weekly pickup
- Medication and Sharps
For questions or to report a missed pick up please contact DC Recycling Systems at 815-758-7274.