Pursuant to the State of Illinois Public Act 096-0542 – Illinois Open Meeting and Freedom of Information Act the FOIA Officer for the Village of Sugar Grove is:
Freedom of Information Officer
10 S. Municipal Drive,
Sugar Grove, IL 60554
Phone 630-391-7200 Fax 630-391-7210
Requests may be submitted by mail, fax or emailed. To assist the Village in replying to your request it is suggested that you use our online form for tracking purposes however one is not required. Should you email or fax the form you will receive a response that the form has been received. Should you not receive a response, within one working day, please call the above number to verify receipt.
Fees for copies of records are as follows:
- Black and white copies (letter or legal size) No charge for the first 50 (fifty)pages
- $0.15 per page thereafter
- Color copies $.015 per page
- Certification $1.00 each
- Maps (zoning, comprehensive plan or others) $30.00/large, $15.00/small
- Comprehensive Zoning Plan/Book $10.00 for entire plan/book
- Mailing – Cost of postage
- All fees must be paid prior to release of public records.
- Documents are furnished free of charge or at a reduced rate if:
A reduction or waiver of fees is in the public interest in that it is for the health, safety, welfare or legal rights of the general public; and it is not for the principal purpose of personal or commercial benefit.
Please be advised that on occasion, requests for documents (by their very nature) can be vague and non-specific. You may not know exactly what you are looking for. In those instances, we endeavor to do the very best we can to comply with your request, however, depending on the request, we may misunderstand exactly what it is that you are looking for. If, after reviewing our response, you feel that we have not understood your request or you believe another document or documents may better fulfill your request, please call us and we would be pleased to discuss it with you to attempt to better fulfill your request, if possible.