As a courtesy to customers with unpaid utility bills, the Village of Sugar Grove may grant a payment plan.
Don’t wait until services are disconnected! If the account has already been disconnected due to non-payment, or if a trip has been made to the premise to turn service off and/or to hang a disconnect notification tag, full payment must be received before utility services can be reinstated. A payment plan at this time will not be entered into.
- No other payment plans during the past 12-month period.
- Customer is required to make a partial payment on the account prior to establishing a payment plan.
- All past due charges, including those associated with a payment plan, will be subject to late payment charges.
- In addition to keeping payment plan installments current, all new and future charges must also be paid on time, including late fees.
- Payment plans must be requested prior to the 17th of any given month. If service is disconnected, or if a disconnection notice tag has been left at the premise, the account DOES NOT QUALIFY for a payment plan.
A payment plan can NOT be established after the 17th.
How to Request a Payment Plan
Customers can request one of the following types of payment plans by contacting a by email or call 630-391-7202Monday – Friday between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm:
When the payment plan has been agreed upon between the customer and the Utility Billing Department a written agreement will be prepared. This will contain payment agreement amount due and each due date. A payment plan confirmation notice will also be mailed to the customer’s billing address. No payment plan shall be consider to be in place until the agreement is signed and deposit paid.
Defaulting on a Utility Payment Plan Any of the following constitutes “Default”:
- Failure to pay a payment plan installment on or before the installment due date
- Payment amount is less than the agreed-upon payment installment
- Failure to pay the full amount of new/future charges (not associated to the payment plan) on or before the due date (the 17th of each month)
Consequences of default:
- No further payment plans will be established during the next t (12) months
- Service will disconnected and payment will become due in full.
If you need financial assistance please contact the Sugar Grove Township.
Special Extension Periods There are two (2) situations where payment plans may be established with special extension periods:
- Leak – When a leak on a property does not fall within the Village’s policy for a leak adjustment, a payment plan may be allowed for up to six (6) months.
- Back Billing -An account that requires back billing for up to three years may have a payment plan established for an equal amount of time as the back billing period.
If you move to a new location within our service territory, the Deferred Payment Agreement will transfer to your new account and continue without interruption. If you do not start a new account with us, you will be required to pay off your Deferred Payment Agreement with your final bill.