DC Trash of Illinois provides weekly curbside garbage and recycling collection for Village residents. Scheduled pickup days vary within the Village – if you are unsure of your pick day please see the listing below. The monthly charge is included on your water bill.
The following holidays affect the refuse pickup schedule delaying pickup by 1 (one) day:
New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, & Christmas Day.
All containers should be at the street by 5:30 a.m. on your pick up day. Residents are provided containers for recycling and refuse. The recycling container has a bright green lid and the refuse container has a dark green lid. Cardboard boxes may not be used as a container. In addition to refuse and recycling, one (1) large bulk item and one (1) white good areallowed per week. Please see below for definitions.
- Yard Waste weekly April 1st thru the last pick up in November
- Recycling weekly pickup
- Large Items (non electronic) weekly pickup
- Medication and Sharps
The following items all require a week (7 day) notification and must be scheduled online. You will receive an email confirmation that your request has been received. Please call the Village at 630-391-7200 should you not receive a confirmation.
WEEKLY PICK UP
- White Goods. One “white good” is allowed per week. White goods as defined by the Illinois E.P.A. as refrigerators, ranges, water heaters, freezers, air conditioners, humidifiers, stoves, clothes dryers, ovens, dishwashers, water coolers, heat pumps, chiller, furnaces, and boilers.
MONTHLY PICK UP
- Electronics are collected the first full week of the month only. For the state definition of electronics please click here. Should you need to dispose of prior to the Village’s next collection you will need to take your items to the Kane County Recycling Event (a fee may be required)
QUARTERLY WEEKLY PICK UP
- Household Hazardous Waste. Items must be placed in a cardboard box or other sturdy container, clearly marked hazardous waste and placed on top of your regular refuse container.For a list of acceptable materials click here. Quarterly pick up on the SECOND TUESDAY of January, April, July and October.
For questions or to report a missed pick up please contact DC Trash at 815-758-7274.